Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cold Day Activity.

My friend gave me a great cooking with kids cookbook this weekend.  Yesterday, Stella and I just couldn't help ourselves.  We just had to try one of the recipes.     So we made...Butterfly

Homemade Face Paint

It was so easy and fun to use.  We turned Stella into a butterfly.  I loved watching her pretend all afternoon to be just that.  This was a wonderful activity.  It makes plenty to use on another day, and it washes off beautifully.

The Recipe:

1/2 Cup Cornstarch

1/4 Cup Cold Cream(I used Ucerin Cream because I had that on hand)

1/4 C. cold water

Food coloring

Mix Cornstarch and Cream together until well blended.  Stir in water.  Then separate in to the bowls depending on how many colors you would like.  Add food coloring one drop at a time, and stir well.Cups

I used a fine paint brush to paint her face.

You can store  the left overs in the fridge covered with saran wrap to be used again.

When you are ready to remove it, wash it gently off with a warm wash cloth.  I didn't even use soap, and it came right off.

I can't wait to paint up a new adventure.

 

1 comment:

Krysta said...

How fun! I bet she had the best day!