Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fun (and Frugal!) Idea for Making an Advent Calendar

I know it's already December 3rd, but I couldn't resist this delightful idea, and wanted to share it with ya'll.

It's from Chris at Just a Girl. She guest-posted the instructions on another blog here.

She used matchboxes, spray-painting the inside piece and covering the outside, so it can be used year after year.

 image

Each box has an idea for something fun and Christmas-y for the family to do together. (I'm thinking to borrow some ideas from past December Friend magazines for ours!)

image

5 comments:

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Fabulous idea! Very cute.

Lindsay and Mike said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it!

Andrea said...

I saw this and thought it was a great idea. Now, if I could find the time to do it.

Anonymous said...

Michelle - I'm not quite sure of how else to contact you, but I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your Preach My Gospel lessons. President Uchtdorf was here for a special meeting a few months ago and told us to use chapter 3 for our family home evenings. I finally am getting on top of that and love the lessons you have shared. I was wondering if you could e-mail me the pdf files whenever you have a chance. I want to make fhe packets for somet of the lessons (or all of them - we'll see how ambitious I am). Again, thanks for all your hard work on the lessons and for sharing them.
-Brooke in Dallas

Anonymous said...

I suppose it would help if I left my e-mail address!
brookelynn825@yahoo.com