Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

A Child of Royal Birth!

I am a child of royal birth;
My Father is king of heaven and earth.
My spirit was born in the courts on high.
A child beloved, a princess am I.

I was nurtured there; I lived by His side
In a home where patience and love abide.
My Mother was there in that glorious place,
Blessing her children with queenly grace.

I grew to the stature that spirits grow;
I gained the knowledge I needed to know.
I was taught the truth and I knew the plan
That God and Christ laid out for man.

I was there when the stars of the morning sang.
My voice was heard when the heavens rang.
I was there to rejoice, to praise, and applaud
And I shouted for joy with the sons of God.

I waited my turn to came to earth.
Through the wonderful channel of human birth.
The curtains were closed and the past was gone.
On the future too, the curtains were drawn.

I came to earth and God willed it so-
With freedom to choose the path I should go.
I must search for the truth; I must serve and obey.
I must walk by faith or fall by the way.

Someday, I will go back; I will answer the call.
I'll return with my record to the Father of all.
The books will be opened and so will my heart,
And there will be rejoicing if I've done my part.

My Father the King with his infinite love
Will welcome me back to the mansions above.
The curtains will part, and eternity
In its light and glory will open to me.

This is one of my favorite poems written by Anna Johnson. The opening stanza is just so empowering to me. We had a great lesson Sunday in Relief Society about our Divine Nature and what it means to be a daughter of God. It was wonderful, and a lesson I needed to hear again as a reminder I guess because Saturday, on our way home from Missouri, I started thinking of what that means (not knowing it was what our lesson was on the next day). And I started singing songs from when I was a youth. The YW Camp song.."Walk Tall, You're A Daughter of God" and others. My husband asked me what I was doing and I told him I was singing to our daughter!

It's an amazing feeling and choice blessing to know that I will be raising..not only this daughter, but our son and other children to come as well. What an amazing blessing, and gift, and privilege it is to be a mother. I feel so blessed for this responsibility, and am so thankful I am able to be a Mother. And even more thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us in such a way that has given me the opportunity to stay home and take care of my little family full time. I am really enjoying this pregnancy. Not having to work this time-a-round has given me more opportunities to sit and relax and enjoy the little movements inside.

No comments: