Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful Tree

You might remember seeing this in a previous post...
Tonight it's going to become this...
This is our Thankful Tree. For a family home evening last year, the kids helped me cut out those leaves (I saved them) and we wrote what we were thankful for. This year I'm going to switch it up a bit. This will be our family home evening activity for tonight, but we are going to keep adding leaves to it each night. We will end it around the table during Thanksgiving dinner. This little tree of ours is going to end up having a ton of leaves and I will probably be searching high and low for more branches to add, but it will be festive and fun. I might make the leaves a little cuter this year and make them different shapes and add some pretty ribbon to it...we'll see what I can get accomplished in the next couple of hours before FHE and how many helping hands I have! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great idea!! I am excited to be there with you guys when you end it.