Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This time of year...

...is just the beginning of much holiday decorating. Which is a lot of fun, but it can bring on the headaches too! Last week I pulled out my fall box and got my house decorated. I realized that I didn't have as much as I remembered having. (I think I got rid of a lot before I moved). So I kept it simple. I did a lot with the mini real pumpkins. I like this because I can have it out in October through Halloween and still keep it out in November. (I don't like to put things out and take them down over and over again through the holidays). Here are a couple pictures of some of the things I did.

The piece above, usually has greenery in it. I wanted to switch it out for fall, so I went on a walk and gathered some twigs for my house (free). What's more fallish than twigs? I thought it could use a little color so I went to Hobby Lobby and got two stems of these berries. They just happened to be on sale. I got them for $1.00 each.

When I was in Arkansas, Andrea had found this (below) on clearance at Target. I had to run on over and get one for myself! Then I just filled it with gords and a little pumpkin Once I put my fall wreath up outside, my summer flowers were seriously clashing next to it, so I planted a fall version. I did this same arrangement in a couple of my other pots in the front yard. I don't usually do too much as far as Halloween decorating goes. But I decided I wanted some touches of Halloween in my house, just for fun (my kids like it).

This wreath is hanging on my pantry door in my kitchen. I was at Walmart one day and grabbed a plain wreath, and some spider web and little spiders. I had extra black spray paint outside and my husband was nice enough to spray it for me. It only cost me about $4.oo to do this. Here is where I got the idea from.

Sometime in the next couple of days I'm going to do this while Drew does this. Mine is going to say BOO. I have all of my supplies sitting out on my counter right now, ready to go. I have to do serious talking to myself before I start a craft. I enjoy it, once it's done and I have found just the right spot for it. It's the "doing it" that is sometimes hard for me.

Lots of linking in this post, but I have to give credit to the blogs that bring me inspiration!

7 comments:

Beeks by the Lake said...

What cute ideas! We planted 3 mounds of mini pumpkins and we have harvested 40 so far. We have them everywhere and I was wondering what to do with them besides sit them in the windows and on the fireplace mantel.

Andrea said...

I love that. I love the first picture of the stand with the pumpkin. Where did you get that? It is so adorable. I can't wait to do some fun things around here. I am so excited about my bathroom. YOu always find the best blogs. Send them my way.

Lorinda said...

Very classy Krysta!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Cute! I love your wreath!

Becky said...

Cute ideas! And thanks for leading me to Joy's blog - I've been lost in it ever since!

Lorinda said...

Are the berries in the display with the pumpkin on the pedestal bittersweet? I LOVE real bittersweet, but it is hard to come by!

Ashlee said...

Soooo cute! I haven't decorated my home yet, but I am totally in the mood, just need to get it cleaned up first. Thanks for sharing your ideas! I love your little glass decorative containers!