Monday, September 1, 2008

The truth about life's great questions is now restored.

While Jonathan and I were living in Kansas, we were part of a big media campaign for the church. Our church tried this out in 3 areas of the United States to see how effective it was. It was a wonderful time for our ward as we prayed for missionary experiences.

We were also given a new pass along card. This card was similar to a business card. The front of the card said, "The truth about life's great questions is now restored." The back of the card said, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and underneath that, www.mormon.org." How long has it been since you have taken the time to visit this wonderful site provided by our church?

Once we started to participate in the campaign, I visited the site often. I realized that it had been changed some, and was full of amazing answers. While I was in Kansas, I used every opportunity possible to hand out the card. However, I was never able to use the website as a reference.

My favorite part about this website is the testimonies of just everyday people. These wonderful people are answering questions about life's great mysteries. These sincere people are not paid actors, but just ordinary people like you and me.

This last weekend I was reminded of this wonderful tool. I had a chat with a dear friend. Here were some of her concerns with life; I am searching for something more. Why do people have to die? Why do people have to get sick? Will I see them again? Where do we go when we die? As she voiced her concerns, I knew that this wonderful tool would give her the answers to some of her troubling questions. As she asked me these things, she had tears in her eyes. I knew she was truly searching for something more.

I know with all my heart that the truth about these difficult questions has been restored. I am thankful that our church has designed a tool that can help us answer these questions for the people in our life that we love so dearly. As a person, who has been a member for her whole life; these questions are not hard for me. I know if I didn't know what God wanted me to know, I would feel lost. Take the time to share this site with someone, or go to it for yourself.

http://www.mormon.org/

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, good for you, Andrea! That makes me want to be more open about my faith. I get scared and tend to forget that so many people are looking for what I have!
Mormon.org is an amazing resource. I love it there!

Krysta said...

We have so many great resources right at our fingertips. I'm glad you had the opportunity to refer someone there. Thanks for sharing and reminding me that I can refer someone there too!