Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wondering what to do for FHE ?


Ever need a quick lesson that even the little ones can enjoy? Print this out on white cardstock, cut them out, and then laminate them. This small version can be put inside a snack size plastic bag and placed in your scripture case for easy storage. I used to carry a simple version I made with plain paper and crayons in my scriptures as a missionary. I taught Lesson 18 in the Joseph Smith Manual last Sunday. Although that only covers part of the plan - go back to lesson 17 to get the first part of it. I figured it was just the push I needed to finally use Adobe Illustrator to 'draw' these illustrations of our Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness. I made a large version for the chalk board, but this small version is great for use in Family Home Evening, small classroom settings, or Visiting Teaching - used it just the other day with a Sister just getting back into activity. You can even give it as a gift for someone going on an English speaking mission. I will be working on making an Elder to add to the plan. Hopefully you'll see it sometime in the next few weeks.
Feel free to print as many copies as you would like and share it with your friends and family. If you are going to place this someplace online, please give credit where credit is due - Illlustrations by Laura Vanderbeek www.vanderbeekimages.com Thanks!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

So cool! I carried a similar one as a missionary too! It's a great tool! Thanks for posting it!

Tara said...

Okay, Laura, you're my digi hero! That is fabulous - thanks for posting!

Andrea said...

Wow that is amazing. I am looking forward to using it. I was touched by that lesson, and was hoping to find a way to explain it better to my children. You are awesome with digital stuff!