Friday, September 26, 2008

Words of a Prophet

image I am so excited for tomorrow night's Relief Society broadcast! I just realized it will be Pres. Monson's first time to address the women of the Church as our new prophet. Wow, isn't it wonderful to live on the earth at a time when we have the Lord's prophet among us?

Here are some words from our beloved Pres. Hinckley, given at the Relief Society meeting in 2003. They really mean a lot to me, and I want to share them to whet our appetites for tomorrow! :)

He addressed women in many different life situations--single moms, older moms, women without children. Here is what he said to mothers with young families. . . .

To you young women with small children, yours is a tremendous challenge. So often there is not enough money. You must scrimp and save. You must be wise and careful in your expenditures. You must be strong and bold and brave and march forward with gladness in your eye and love in your heart. How blessed you are, my dear young mothers. You have children who will be yours forever. I hope that you have been sealed in the house of the Lord and that your family will be an everlasting family in the kingdom of our Father.

May you be given strength to carry your heavy load, to meet every obligation, to walk side by side with a good and faithful and caring man, and together with him rear and nurture and bring up your children in righteousness and truth. Nothing else you will ever own, no worldly thing you will ever acquire will be worth so much as the love of your children. God bless you, my dear, dear young mothers.

"See you" tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!! That is an amazing talk. Thank you for sharing. I am also looking forward to tommorrow night. I am thankful for comforting words, and direction that we receive. What a blessing.

Michelle said...

Silly me. I had forgotten that the members of the First Presidency take turns speaking at this meeting. It was Pres. Uchtdorf! I love him. I was so excited when he was called to be Pres. Monson's 2nd counselor. Didn't he give a delightful talk?

Tausha said...

I just came across the blog. WOW-what a fantastic spot this is. I loved reading all about you fabulous sisters and the insight and love that you have to offer.
Maybe I am a little on the slow side today, not too sure, but how do I access others blogs that are listed on the side bar? Thanks in advance!
I too loved last night. To think, I almost forgot-key word here is almost!

Annalisa said...

I love how Pres. Uchtdorf said "Start small, create a smile!" Something simple to do every day and can help feel that creative power that only God has and wants each of us to feel. Smiles!!